Friday, September 02, 2005

One Way Or Another

Why do men find it so difficult to"pour their soul" out to a woman? Is it because of men's egos that forces them to refrain from voicing their inner most thought? Or could the reason to this be held by the woman?

Some woman by nature are sensitive to what a man may think or do, or may have done or thought in the past. Perhaps it is the way a woman will act or react to a man's opinion, that created this barrier.

In my personal opinion, I believe that it is how a woman handles or reacts to what a man says that reflects whether they will tell you more, whether the conversation will move to a deeper level.

I believe that woman, or people in that matter, should respect the views of another person, whether they agree to this other's person's opinion or not.

There are two ways that one could react, one could repel or embrace. It takes alot of courage for a man to tell a woman about himself, especially his weaknesses, and his innermost thoughts. He could easily be rejected, made-fun of, and embarassed. This essentially pinches his ego, his stand as a man. He'll carry a higher, thicker wall the next time. Making sure that no one will ever again invade, and hurt his all precious, fragile soul, he hides so well behind that wall.

Recently, I met a man who told me that he "feels free when he's around me, he could just pour his soul out to me." Usually I would let that thought roll off as a soiled pick-up line. But today I took a chance to think.

Perhaps it is by the embracing approach towards people that makes them feel that they could tell a murder and wouldn't judged.The way I see it, one could be disgusted, annoyed, freaked out, angry or just down right stunned. But does that give us the right to insult a person when they've actually worked up all the guts tell you?

I believe that in whatever a person does or has done, there is reason, and this reason in one way or another is related to something good. OR perhaps I suffer from a fatal case of optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment