Friday, September 16, 2005

Dessert

Last night I went on a date. We met a whoopin five years ago, and haven't seen each other since. Until last night. Opening the door of his dark green Diahatsu, I was surprised I could still recognise him.

We chose a little cafe near my house and sat till the wee hours of the morning. We talked, like we never talked before. Literally, we never really talked before. We've seen each other around, we sorta knew each other, we said hi sometimes online, but wen never really talked.

I enjoyed telling the million and one stories I have about weird men I meet, and he enjoyed laughing at them. It was an excellent combination. The ice blended mocha drink I had a rich scoop of chocolate ice cream, topped with a dark chocolate syrup. I figured that if the night went bad, at least I had a delicious drink.

It was a great night. I haven't dug those stories up in a long time. I'm sure I missed out some of the details, and probably twisted some of the facts, but I spoke up memories I didn't know still existed. It was therapeutic.

We checked out his office, it was empty, not a soul in sight. Dark, quiet, guy, girl - does anything pop into your mind? I thought it was exoctic. As I looked around, there was no sign of cameras, lots of corners. It flashed through my mind, it was the perfect movie setting of an office make out session.

I imagined, just for a moment, what it would be like had I come with someone else. As for my dear lost, now found friend, nothing happened. I should have and it might have, but it didn't.

Perhaps I'm not up to it anymore. Perhaps, it wasn't the right guy, but definitely not the wrong place and time. So in the end, I went home. I had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Man I am so jealous of your date with the REALLY COOL guy with the name of phallus. Oh well, I can have his friend, remember him? haha

    ReplyDelete