Tuesday, September 20, 2005

On Sunday Morning

On Sunday morning, I got up, got dressed and went outside. Got into my car, and saw that the stretch of road in front of me was jam packed. I searched through my almost stagnant morning brain, and thought curiously why, on a Sunday morning, the road in front of my house would be car-filled.

Ah, I remember now. There are three churches surrounding my house! How smart can one possibly be?! I'm already a guilty sinner for not making time for church, but they were just rubbing it in a little, situating not one or two, but THREE friggin churches with in a stone's throw from my bedroom window. Further, parading around in their cars at 11 in the morning, wearing their Sunday's best! It must be a sign! God is talking to me, He's reachin out for me.

I said a little prayer that morning. I thanked God for all the things He's given to me, and prayed in Jesus' name.

I visited a friend in town, we hung out, talked, and later decided to make my way back home. I took a detour right in front of my house, to the 7-11 to buy some stuff. I got back into my car, the radio was playing a song I can't recall, I stepped on the clutch, geared in and reversed.

What da F*ckin Sh*t was dat!?! I felt, more than I heard, the BANG, more like a FROOP. The car recoiled after having hit the car driving by behind me. I turned to look out my back window, nothing. I quickly glanced at my rear view, and saw the butt of the car driving out of the mirror view. I thought SHIT.

I turned off the radio, un-fastened my seat belt, and went to check out the damage. The plastic thingy that was supposed to be on my bumper was not there anymore, it lay peacefully on the granite road in front of me.

I shot a look at the car I hit. It was so much worse than my poor dented bumper. I wanted to smile a "phew" and thank goodness it was just my bumper. I stood for a minute as the guy tried to get out of his car. His door no longer wished to open.

"Oops"

The victim said nothing, he was nice really, he explained that we had to go and make a police report and that he'd claim from my insurance. I'd probably get a fine for it being my fault. I was ok with that. HE exchanged details, and I went home, wondering whether I should turn myself in.

I called a couple of friends, for their opinion on whether I should waste my time going to make a report. They convinced me that being a good citizen, I should make the report, so that there are no further inconveniences in the future.

I lazed on my bed, going through what happened, just waiting till the cloud of smoke cleared away from my body and mind. At about 8pm, I took a drive down to the police station. Everything was going good.

I filled in the form, which was in Malay, I had to ask for help from the officer on duty. He was nice. Later on, I had to go and see an investigator. The police kept giggling at me, probably because I didn't really understand what they said because they spoke so fast, and probably because I look funny when I dont understand what people are saying.

As I sit there being summoned three hundred bucks for making a mistake, Mister Police Man Guy puts on a stern face. Your license is expired!

WHAT?!?! The wind was blown outta me, SHIT! What more could go wrong!? I took a moment to think back, damn, I've been illegally roaming the streets of KL, for almost two weeks. One of the nights being the night that I was pulled over during a road block for drinking barely any beer. I can't believe they overlooked the fact that my license was expired that day.

In the end everything was sorted out, and I went home. I'd like to think that what happened to me was a blessing. Had I not hit the other car, I would not have noticed that my license was expired. I believe that God was trying to send me a message that day. Though it was a weird way of doing so. I like to think that He saved me from a bigger disaster.

So the moral of the story is...everything happens for a reason. A good reason. You just have to find the good in every situation thought it may be wrapped in shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment