Tuesday, August 30, 2005

JJ Lin, Just Another Guy

Sunday, August 28th 2005, I went to the airport to pick up my couz, ZT. Her flight from Sabah lands at 12:25pm. I reach at 1:00pm. Late..so much for meeting her at the gates.

We drop her things off in her college dorm room, and she unpacks a little while I, visit a friend of mine. Age.

Age is a friend that I met a few weeks ago at the college. He's got a girlfriend, they got together a few weeks before I met him. He says that things between them is complicated, and that he sorta likes me.

Me...I think that he's just trying to go for the gold. Besides he's got nothing to lose. If I like him then that's terrific for him, and if I don't, he falls back on his gf. That's what I hate about this kind of situation, either way, h wins.

I think he's a nice guy, but I don't think that he's the guy for me. It's interesting being around him, he makes you feel "different & special". We dont really talk about anything, and when I say talk, I mean share. Our conversations touch no further than the surface.

Maybe that's the most interesting part, mystery, suspense...the unknown.

Anyways we chatted for awhile, about the weather, and things not really worth remmebering, thus I forgot.

So, the day continues. ZT and I pick up CE, a collegue who is visiting from our Singapore branch, and off to Sungai Wang for a day of shopping.( I hate shopping!)

We eat McD's, I was really hungry. My hamburger was still red. There could have been mad cow disease or something! It's a hamburger...from Mc Donalds, not a steak. Usually I'd like my beef medium rare, but I just couldn't, it's a Mc Donalds for people's sake.

So after having taken two bites of the burger i.e. half of it, I exchanged it and they replaced another one for me, so I had one and a half burgers, large fries and thanks to free refills, 2 large cups of coke. Now you know why I'm fat=P

After food, we walked around, bought some stuff, and my dear cousin decides that she wants to be a crazy Lin Jun Jie (JJ Lin) fan, and get his autograph, as he was doing publicity for the 5th Something Music Awards in Malaysia on Sept 3rd.

So 6pm, we hogged the best spot on the floor. Front and Center. Everyone there thought that spot would be cleared off because the stairs to the stage were there. And I, miss-I-seen-so-many-of-these-stages, decides that's bull dung. It's the perfect spot.

So we waited till 730pm. I hate waiting, I hate standing, I hate music, I dont listen to chinese music, and worst of all, I dont know the friggin guy! But being the loving, supporting cousin that I am, I figured I should make the best of the situation and try to have fun.

We bought a souvineer for 5 bucks, a marker, and continued waiting for this guy to come and everyone to start screaming.

Finally, as promised, JJ Lin comes on stage. We were standing dead center and right up front, and we didn't bring a camera. The people behind us were probably cursing us. Damnit! Let the short people stand in front!

Cameras were going off all around behind us. Then they had a question session in which they gave away souvineers to people who answered the questions. Of course I raised my hand, though almost the whole time I had no idea what the MC was talking about. It was in chinese. Well whaddaya know, I won a prize!

So finally it was time to get our souvineers signed. I was first in line...and there was a girl next to me who had a shirt on that said "JJ Lin Fan Club". =O there's a fan club! These poor girls with no direction, I thought...I figured it would mean more to her if she was first in line, first to get an autograph, coz for me, it was dull.

No offence, but he's just another guy, and it doesn't really matter whether you ever get to meet him or not, because it's not going to make a difference. He will never see you, he will never notice you, he will never sing just for you. He's just another guy that looks good on paper, and sounds good on the radio. He's not someone that you should think about, so dont waste time being in a fan club.

1 comment:

  1. loser. he's just different. u dont know how to appreciate anything other than the conventional celebrity - handsome, sucky/fake voice - that's all.

    ReplyDelete