Monday, September 26, 2005

Phew! What a Week!

It's been a long week, many things have been going on, there is no better place to begin the story than the beginning of the middle of a day in the life of me.

Monday, work.
Tuesday, work.
Wednesday, work.
Thursday, after work, was a night hangin in the corner of a club, right next to the woofers. That's what would have happened, had alcohol not done it's job that night. The night started out a little slow, probably due to the fact that my time of arrival was much earlier than expected.

Picking up a friend didn't help time tick any quicker than the sixty in a minute, though excellent company. Too, early, no one inside, nothing to do, I decided to chat up a conversation with the bouncer, he nice...until...the worst thing happened, he pulled out my precious grey hair!

He spotted it, waiting to prance at the prey, staring, waiting, and with a yank, a squeal. It was gone - my precious precious right grey hair, the symbol of my womenhood, of my supposed maturity, the sign of getting old and wise, gone.

Now - I have but one grey hair, I've named it Mr. Grey Left. Mrs. Grey had passed on. The once pride of my life, my two grey hairs, one on the left and one on the right. It remains but singular now.

I was contemplating previously about whether I should make that fatal decision. Little did I know that I had no control over what would happen. I have come to a conclusion that it's ok, though I took three days to mourn my now dead grey hair, life goes on even when a part of you have been broken.

Friday, didn't work, take a guess why...picked up Zt at night, hung out a little with a friend, met up with HL and sang our hearts out. Three beautiful ladies, went to sing, who knew that we had such beautiful voices to go with our pretty faces, and smart, witty attitudes. It was great.

Wee hours of Saturday Morning - Picked up HL's friend from out of town and met Mr. B. Wow! Handsome, dashing, tall, sporty, perfect smile, perfect eyes, perfect nose, perfect body. Mister perfect. Did I mention single?

After chatting, with Mr.B, more so admiring his perfection, we crashed at my house. Parents and all. We slept barely an hour, got outta there, and started our day. We used my car. The hopeless piece of junk. Free sauna, anyone. My aircond broke down, it was just sun, and heat waves comin from the opened windows, one which doesn't even open.

We had no idea where to go, anywhere with aircond, and cold water to drink was our only wish. We chose a mall about ten devastating minutes away. Zt and I settled ourselves at a cafe, famed for it's indulgingly addictive cheesecakes. We ordered a slice each and six glasses of water. What can you say, it was friggin hot outside.

HL and her friend decided to head off in a different direction. Zt and I just wanted to drink water. We laughed and talked, of none other than love and life. We stumbled onto the fact that we had nowhere to go and nothing to do. It was Saturday night!

A coupla guys were trying to contact me throughout the day. They asked me out on a date, but I dont usually like to leave my cousin for a date that I'm not really sure of. I decided that we could catch some dinner with that guy, so that we'd have something to do that night. Simultaneously, Zt was doing some of her own, planning. She set up a meeting with one of her high school friends.

In the end we sorta double booked. Two guys coming from my side, and one guy from hers. So in total, three guys and two girls. Akward - is all I can say to that. Akward, somewhat annoying, scarey, pressured.

I dont know what to say about it. I dont know what i was thinking, I didn't anticipate that it would happen this way. I think it was a disasterous night. This is what happened, three guys came to this dinner, all with their intentions.

One guy's objective was to sweet talk da girl to be his girlfriend, but dissing the other guys for wanting to sleep wit da girl. Another wanted to sleep with da girl, showing it in very obvious manners. The other wanted both, but was just acting cool about it, taking it easy, seeing and respecting the situation.

In the heat of the messed up situation, though I think all three had set horrible intentions, I think that the man who originally wanted to take me on that date, was more respectful that night.

I disrespect the men who did not offer to split the bill. I more so disrespect the men who came with intentions and still didn't offer to split the bill. I respect the man who paid the bill, and said nothing when he didn't get to sleep with me. I respect him for being cool about the situation, and
perhaps I might even start to believe just a little that he did want to get to know me.

I'm not a materialistic person, but I think that the handling of money and bills, shows and tells alot about a person. I analyse everything that goes on, on a date. Especially the first date. There are some things that I am very particular about. Small things, that I just pick up that annoy the hell outta me.

I have nothing more to say about that, except that even if a guy is a little more reserved, he still has his intentions, and I can see right through his struggle to hide it.

Sunday...phew I'll have to put a to be continued sign here. Got work tomorrow. Signing off.

~Love is an Illusion~

No comments:

Post a Comment