Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Early Sunday

Sunday, my day out with Zt, it was another hilarious day. Themed a complicated combination of normal everyday words - Early Morning and Lost. The day started early, 6 on the dot, I woke up, it was exhilirating, I woke up!
I picked her up by 7...AM, we immediately began chattering away, it began like it always did when we met. Thing was, it was 7 AM! We didn't know where to go, we didn't know who to meet, and worst of all, we didn't know what to do.

So, after much comtemplation, we did what any regular person would do on a Sunday morning, have breakfast. After almost a 30 minute drive across town, past the zoo, we ate an indian style breakfast we could have eaten on any of the fifty shop corners we past by trying to get there.

Still not having had any great ideas, we drove back towards the direction in which we started off the day with. Crashing the radio and news papers for that piece of news that's lead us to at least some sort of excitement for the day - nothing. we still had nowhere to go and nothing to do.

By this time, we'd driven back to the place we started, and into KL town, just roaming around, like two lost souls in the desert, except that we're not in a desert, and we weren't lost yet.

Once we reached dead middle of town I got an idea, we'd go for a date - no we'd go for a sample of a typical "echez-date", the "KLCC-date", the "I'm going to take this girl to see the view date", the date I'd like to call, boring, stereo-typical, dull, and just down-right stupidest thing to take your date to do date.
What happens first is we arrive at the destination, I explain this to Zt as she helplessly regrets having a cousin like me on a Sunday morning, sorry it's afternoon now.

"Oh! We're here? Wow, I've never been here before/Wow, I've never seen KLCC from this angle before!" (this is my third time)

We stand side-by-side, and look at the lights of the city, it's not romantic, there are 32 other couples about 10 feet away!

"Wow, this is so romantic!" (I'm bored now.)

He steps closer to me, it is sooo not romantic! Akward Silence.

"Soo...what are those little lights...? They're moving!?"

"Oh, those are cars"

"Really! They dont look like cars, they're so little!"

"Yup, they're cars."

Akward Silence. 12 O'Clock! Finally!

KLCC's lights go off. The left one goes off first. A 20 second delay before the right one darkens.

"Oh! They turn off the lights to KLCC? I wonder why?!"
" Hmmmm, I dunno"

Shit boring! I gotta make some conversation! I'm making a joke...

" I wonder why they turn off one at a time?! There's probably a little man that switches off the switches one by one so after he finishes the first building, he quickly runs to the next one to switches of those."

Akward Silence

"Ok! I gotta go to the bathroom"

The end, thank goodness.

Literally I've seen KLCC from every angle!

So...after showing Zt my famous bad-date routine, we are off again, we dont know where we wanna go, driving for another 10 minutes, we decided to go to the mall, one she's never been to. At this time, we are again, reaching the zoo. We turn around, drive right back to the middle of town, twice, get lost, circle the jail, thrice, and finally, we're on the right track. That is...after we get off the wrong exit.

We are finally there, the mall. We shop, we walk around, we never really walked the whole place...why...? take a guess...we got lost! we wandered around the same place a dozen times and still couldn't find a way out. It was like the twilight zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment