Monday, October 24, 2005

Beautiful Brown Eyes

I dream of you. I dream of you being the man of my life. We would live together in, have a million pictures just of you and me, and ten times as many memories of being together.

Travelling together, smiling in our photographs, capturing our beautiful kids as they run and play. I imagine picnics and parks, wind and shunshine and love and us.

Together we venture the world sneaking into backalleys for the sacred recipe, wine and dine the most lavishing resturants on hilltops, sitting at cafes, staring into each others eyes, wishing of nothing more in life - being content.

Holding each other in the sunset of the tropics, indulging in each other's presence. A scent for every moment, every place. A sound, an image, a touch, imprinted each step we take together.

I'd wear beautiful gowns for you, and you'd steal the sparkle from my eyes as I glide down the grand circular stair. I'd dance for you, and you'd want me.

I'd wear wifey clothes and stand in the kitchen with an apron, making you coffee and breakfast. You'd read the the paper, and the kids rushed to school.

When everything is quiet, I fit into my suits, stroll straight to the center of town and watch as the empire we build together grow. The phone rings from my officeto yours and we smile.

Knowing that above all, we have each other.

Yesterday though, those dreams stooped lowest to the ground, being dropped 16 floors.

I can't say that you will be the one. You are too afraid, you are too self consumed, however you deny.

For the first time since I met you, You let me down.You were embarrassed of me.

I saw in your eyes that you are NOT for real. I saw it, I looked into your eyes and I saw them laughing at me, not respecting my views, my feelings, my fear.

For the first time, I saw you as just another guy. Just another guy who wants the f**k and get out the door as soon as possible - with a please.

For the first time I lost confidence in you, and in my own judgement. For a second I let down my guard and Isaw the laughter in your eyes. Damnit, I saw it.

I built a wall, so much stronger now. You can't climb over and you can't break through.

You can only wait until I dismantle.

I think I might have LOVED you, if ever I believe in Love, but, I think I'm gonna have to let that go.

1 comment:

  1. Similar feelings here. I am just so over dating and guys at the moment.

    ReplyDelete