Thursday, October 20, 2005

Audit-ion

At work, there was an audit. We walked through the work processes, the documentation, problems, solutions, corrective maintenance, etc.

Once a year, a quarter, or every few months, there is an audit. Everything that has been done, or has not been done is analysed, the procedure, the initial goals, and distance towards reaching the goals, reasons why the goal has not been reached.

I believe that in life, we should take a day or two to evaluate our lives. Just like an audit at work, we should be able to write a list of important factors to evaluate in our lives, and take a thorough analysis of what is going on, whether we, much like our jobs is going in the right direction. Making sure that the processes in reaching our goals is efficient, and that we're not spending too much time on the unnecessary.

I cannot stress more one the fact that if I take a day or two doing nothing but thinking and auditing, it should not be considered as inconstructive, rather it be very much more constructive in the time to come. I believe that someone who is not focused is as useless as someone who does nothing. Right now, I am both, not focused and doing nothing, heh beats that.

The reason that I am talking so much about it is that I have not done anything about my life, and I have not set my goals, and in spite of always talking about it, I have taken no action. I am an all talk and no action kind of person, as I believe many can relate to. But you know what, I think that it is okay for me to be like so, because I also believe that if I think about it enough, if I write about it enough, if I put every thought into it, sooner or later I'm gonna cave, and start goin at my goals.

So I guess my goal right now is to convince myself to set my goals - confused? Well, me too. Anyhow, I'm glad that the company that I'm working in had an audit, because, now, everything can start all over again, but even better now, I have solutions to my problems and I can see my target now, clearly, without all the obstacles in between.

It's like being soffocated, in the dark and then in an instant, a rush of fresh air thrust into your lungs as the light blinds you momentarily, and when you regain sight, it's excellent!

At work, I felt discouraged, I felt that everyone was ganging up on me, I felt that everyone hated me or looked down on me, I felt stressed, and depressed to an extent, I felt that I had become useless, lazy, and just phased out. I think it was because of the declining of my self-esteem, that started with the guilt of skipping work a few days because of exhaustion.

I guess that I was totally completely out of it. I took a step off track, and I do feel guilty about it and I felt that the picture was melting, and if I didn't pop out of it, the picture would have disappeared altogether.

I'm taking a tiny step now, towards a grand direction. To be aware of my weakness and to have thought of changing for the better, is something that I see as an achievement on my part. I'm glad I am able to confront myself, perhaps not do anything about it but at least confronting.

They say the first step to healing is admitting what you are feeling, or admitting what you are and being aware of the problem that you are facing.

"My name is echez and I am lost."

Everyone say "Hello" to echez.

No comments:

Post a Comment