Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rich and Powerful Vs. Love and Contentment.

If you were in a situation where you had to choose between being rich and powerful and a life of love and contentment, which would you choose?
The conditions being that if you were rich and powerful you would never be able to find your true love, you'd marry a person that you figured you were compatible with rather than loved.
Is money and power ultimately what everyone is looking for? Would people actually give up love for money and power?
OR
Do fairy tales about love really happen? Would people throw away fame and fortune for...love?
I would.
I would give up just about everything for love, if love be not an illusion.
If one day I wake up in the morning and find that there is such thing as love, and it's real, and I have reason to believe that I "LOVE" someone, I'd never ever let that go. I'd trade everything I have for it.
Everything, of course other than God, family and life.
I think it's reasonable, I mean finding something that you have lost all you trust and belief in, who wouldn't give up anything to keep it?
I guess you can see that love means alot to me, and at this point in life, I am discouraged about love almost to the point of no return.
I believe in compatibility, I believe in people who stay with other people just because they sort of get along. I believe that many relationships are in actual fact companionships. I dont believe that it is love, because when people who are in companionship relationships, break it off, they move on.
They're sad and they cry because they were use to having someone there, and are sad because they are not there anymore.
I dont think that this can be construed as love. Just because we feel bad that we have ended a relationship that we thought comprised of love, doesn't mean that we are really in love.
Shakespear did say, that "love is not love which alters when it alteration finds". If love relationships end or change, was it actually love?
You can never say that you loveD someone, because "love is an everlasting mark." right? You can always only love someone, and never loved.
So let's see, if you thought you loved someone in the past, but you dont love them anymore, then was it love in the first place?
And if you loved someone when you were with them, but now you are no longer with them, but you still think you love them, and you think that you will love them forever, maybe you're just miss their presence, and the good times you had together.
The worst sub-topic of this sub-topic of love, is does he love you?
There's no point asking the question did he love you, because obviously if he doesn't love you now then it wasn't love to begin with.
So I come to the conclusion, for about the billionth time in my life, beginning with hope, ending with same old same old...
"Love is an Illusion"
Wait, but that's not what the discussion was about to begin with! Heh, so getting back to the topic, if one day I really do find that I "LOVE" someone. I would never give it up for anything, EVER, I would never give him up. Not for all the money or power in the world.
Power and Money can be lost and gained. Love, when it is found, is everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment