Monday, November 21, 2005

boyz and girlz

The first friend I ever recall having was in Papua New Guinea. And I wasn't the one who discovered him either. He was my brother's friend.

A little black boy, named Ky. We use to climb mango trees, get bitten by those huge red ants that infest every mango tree.

When we'd successfully picked a ripe fruit, we found that we were stuck. We weren't allowed to tell our parents that we picked mangoes, and we couldn't get anyone to cut them for us. I must have been 3 years old. They 6.

The sun scorched the stuffy humid jungle air, while we teethed our prized fruit.

We'd scrawl on dirt grounds with our marbles in hand, even then, the elders pointed to a little window urging me to go back inside and play with dolls and their little houses and Ky's little sister, who was so "uncool", she was a "baby", a little younger than myself Ky's sis was 2.5 to my 3, never-the-less, so uncool.

I like to think that those first few adventures in the jungles of PNG, are the ones that imprinted unto me, courage, and comfort of hanging with boys.

Proceding, my involvement in the sport, gambling, and illegal business at a young age might have added to that prospective.

Practically since the age of 3, I've had relationships of all kinds with boys of all kinds. It's no wonder I get along so well.

Watchin rugby with the boys, havin beers with the boys, laughin and jokin with the boys.

One things different though, I aint a boy. And this is where the difference begins. I'm a girl. A pretty girl, a smart girl, a guys girl.

I like to think that I got the best of both worlds. I can be pretty, and I can scrawl and play marbles.

In the light of it all, I can no longer stay a girl, I am a lady now. I must stand and sit like a lady, eat like a lady.

But never will you be able to change my thoughts, and my experiences. I'm proud of them, because I know, there's a boyish side of me, along with a girly side too.

Not all my encounters with boys are sexual, no, not at all, though I find that when boys finally turn into men.

Friendship no longer exists. It's business or sex. Sex and love, affairs and partners, for fun adn for real. Everything now, has an objective.

Let's move back into the jungle where there's friendship and trust.

ez

No comments:

Post a Comment