Sunday, March 05, 2006

MBA

I've finally started my MBA classes! It's great! I love it! I dont know why I never took business before. I didnt realise that it connects so much more to the outside world.

Engineering is something that happens behind the scenes, although it plays a major role in products being produced, it has no direct contact with the people! Products that engineers are designing, manufacturing, and planning major logistics for, people buy it use it and who cares about how much effort it took to make and how many people have actually inspected, rejected and reinspected the darnded thing. Long as in the end, it makes their life easier.

It's no wonder people always ask the question: "Soooo......What does an engineer do again?" or "What does an Engineer actually DO?"

So I went for my first 5 hour class, and the first time since highschool I didnt fall asleep! But not knowing anything about business, not coming from a business background, I feel like a dope, and that there is so so much stuff to learn and read.

I feel especially behind, which makes me wanna scream, and hammer the books into my head. I wish I knew more. Which makes me wonder, do people know all this general knowledge stuff because they have personally encountered it throughout their life, or just so happens that everyone that I talk to has read up and memorised all these things, and I'm 10 years behind?

I mean who remembers stuff like, oh, in 1986 Mc Donalds wanted to expand into India and they couldnt because indian people dont eat meat, especially beef, and so (insert whole marketing strategy here).

Perhpas people in the same industry would know the details, but people who aren't also know! Only I didnt know! What's wrong with me? And the people were like yeah! I saw that in the newspaper like 10 years ago! And I'm like SHIT. How am I gonna compete with people who have read and memorised newspaper articles since 1986? I can barely cope with reading the daily paper now.

I guess that's the difference between school college and friggin post grad studies.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment