Saturday, August 13, 2005

Checking Out The Beaches

It all began after work on Friday. As usual, I went to visit my cousin at her college somewhere on the outskirts of the city. The difference between this weekend, and all the rest is that she's going away for two weeks.

As I was driving the hour long road in twenty minutes, I got a call, she said "Today is mine right? So we're going to have dinner with the guy I like." Being the wonderful cousin that I am, I said okay. Being the hopeless romantic that I am, I decide to plan a romantic evening for the two of them...of course I had to blend it into the evening.

There were a total of three amazingly beautiful girls, each"Different & Special" in their own distinctive ways. ZT & HL, and of course ME.

And One Guy.

This was not a very interesting arrangement. Imagine, one guy and one girl, talking, conversing, having their moments. The two left over girls talk. Keeping the wide, watchful eyes on the ongoings through the corner of our eyes. How romantic.

I decided to take this opportunity for granted, I invited a friend to come along. I also invited a friend's friend to come along. That would make it even, 3 boys, 3 women, well almost even.

Reaching our destination half an hour later, we met up with CA, our tour guide, mind you we got lost 5 times. CA is a close friend, a bubbly character, also amazingly beautiful. Friend, course/class/room - mate to ZT.

We went for dinner, noone ate, we had beer, and a couple of moments of silence - Literally. ( For the old man who died due to the recent haze caused by open forest burning in Indonesia.)

Here's the scenario CA and ZT talking as if they hadn't seen each other in a month, reality probably being half a day. One guy trying out small talk on HL, another guy, not talking to ZT, the last guy trying to get my attention as I tried to make a connection between everyone. It didn't work...we had to move to backup plan PD.

"Hey, everyone, listen-up...* silence *...let's go somewhere...* thinking *...!! Ohhh!!! Let's go to the beach!!...Where got beach ah?!?!.." I announced.

My thoughts went a little like this. "Let's go...we're going to the beach in PD. Everyone is going to grab a guy and walk on the beach far away from ZT and the one she likes so they can have a romantic moment."

Anyhow, driving 145kmh, we reached PD in 30-45. And when we did, us girls desperetly needed to go. Up ahead 100 meters, a gas station - Road Block - ...we didn't reach the gas station.

Of all the cars on the road, the police stopped us, they didn't even stop the car behind us, which held HL, ZT and the guy. So CA, two guys and I got out, they penned in our identites and by that time CA and I were shuffling and squirming. As we finally made it to the restroom, the mister ZT likes decides his friend needs his car back because he's hungry, and has no clothes to wear. "ZT what shall we do?"

ZT and the guy never made it to the beach that night, instead, they had a whole 45 minute drive alone together. So my hopelessly romantic scheme didn't turn out that bad afterall.

In the mean time, we were already in PD, two guys, two girls this time. We just had to check out the beach. So HL and I strolled the beach. It was a beautiful night. The guys and I made a wish, well one guy made 2 wishes. The other guy made a wish about the woman of his dreams falling deeply in love with him. I made a wish about my prince charming. The guy with two wishes told us frankly that he didn't wish about women.

No comments:

Post a Comment