Thursday, August 18, 2005

Thoughts For The Day - August 18th 2005

Some people never have the time. They never appreciate what people go through, to contact them, to hear their voice, to see them.They've always got their own things to do. Even face to face, they dig for an excuse to get away.

I guess the thing about life is that people only have time for what they are interested in. No matter what people say, they always go with the most important matter on their mind. This is human nature. So when I say that people dont have the time for other people, I'm wrong.

People have all the time in the world. It's just that to some people, other people, just aren't special enough, or as important than what they are doing then. Being busy is just another excuse, it's code for "Damnit! Quit callin me! When noone else wants to go out with me, I'll call you!" OR " Dont you get it? I dont want to talk to you and see you all the time!"

I guess sometimes I get tired of the same old excuses, "I'm busy today, and tomorrow, and the next day too, I'll call you." I know I'm hypocritical, I know I probably do that too, and my message to the people is "I have no time to entertain your silly feelings for me! I'm not interested!"...But when reciprocated with this message it's tough for me to accept the fact that the message other people are giving me is much similar, if not exact to my message to others.

We all fear rejection, and perhaps we fear to accept this warning. A warning that tells us very clearly that the person is not interested in us, yet if you still persue, they will have to entertain you, because they dont want to be mean...immediately. Since they have made the statement that they are not interested, it is you that is taking the head-on, they're just in for the free ride. That means that the person could more than always fall back on the fact that they told you that they weren't interested, So causing you to, in the future, feel cheated, tricked, and used, without them being in direct fault.

This is one of many analytical, emotional, and social manipulations that people engage in most naturally, rationalising not only the pain that they cause others, but also their non-commitment.

* The comments above are soley the opinion of the author, and are not backed up by any physical evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment