Thursday, December 15, 2005

Empire Of Hope

*sigh* It's over. Reality has bitten the cold hot weather into me, and I have popped depressingly back into the real world again.

Where work & money, sex & corruption, disappointment & failure flood our lives with unforgiving waves of salty seawater.

Continuing to wait for something great to come my way and leave again. That is the way life is, to feel great, and have great times, and to watch it leave, reaching, yet grasping nothingness.

Things are too quiet, I'm enclosing myself, alone at work, working, thinking, hoping. Crying inside because I want to run wild. Yet I'm stuck in the present.

Christmas, decorated with the essence of work. They couldn't just tell me to my face. They used emotional blackmail. I am to take over because he was too uptight to take his turn. You snooze, you lose brother. Be brave, take what is yours, you're not perfect, quit trying to be. You're killing yourself.

Take it easy, work is always going to be there for you. Don't hurt me because you can't deligate. Take on the world, slave and stick a superman sign on your chest. Are you happy now?

I'm not superwoman so don't pat that sticker on me!

Being responsible does NOT mean absorbing responsibility. Taking on all tasks is just gonna kill ya. You can't do it alone, so stop trying to, you're suffocating yourself, and you're suffocating me, because when you leave, you have not left a system, you have not left a masterpiece, you have left a mess.

Life is about building a machine, put effort to create an empire. An empire that makes money for you. Not because of you.

If you want to do work, if you want to do lots of it, then let it go, leave the rest to me. I will create for you, an empire for you to point your finger. You can slog all your life, you can learn a billion things, and be a genuis, but when you go, it will all be lost. You have not created a future, a team, a successor, you have not built a ladder to the heavens, you're running the earth, running round and round. What happens when you stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment