Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Works

><I get up in the morning almost too late to reach work on time, much less early. I get into my car, turn on the air-cond, wind down the window, and look at the clock. If I'm lucky I can see the time showing 2 minutes till work starts and 45 till I can get my car parked.


><So I get into the office, reach under the table, and press a button. This is the beginning of work. I stroll into a workshop in which I see my hardworking technicians and operators have already started doing repairs. After a good morning to all, and reciprocated smiles & stares acknowledging my tardiness. It all begins.


><In everything that is done, something is bound to be wrong. A lot of time is spent in correcting errors. But this is the way and I will not argue that point.

><I know a man who cannot accept errors, a man who takes every precaution to prevent errors. He spends so much time engaging in preventive measures, he misses the point that with this time he could have achieved 10 other things.

><I guess some things have to be compromised.

No comments:

Post a Comment