Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Pg

On Sunday night, I stayed up till 4am, Monday morning. I dont know what I was doing that day...probably reading...it's what i do most nights.

My ex and I decided on an early breakfast so that we could exchange CDs. I had all his CDs and he had mine. I dont really even listen to the stuff he listens to so I returned them. We dont really contact each other, but have been putting off seeing each other due to our busy schedules. We had planned to return the CD's many times but they all never really worked out so this morning was a great time. We also took a trip to the bus station to pick up my bus ticket to Penang.

The bus was due to arrive at 0030hrs Tuesday morning. After breakfast, and a sort of comfortable akwardness with the ex, I headed myself to work. I was an hour early.horrible.

The evening I packed up my stuff, two bags, one backpack, and one office-y bag like suit case like but it's a bag.
So I hang with my brother and his friends for awhile then drop myself off at the bus terminal at 1145hrs.
Ta, who stays close-by came to wish me farewell, though I'd only be away the day. That was sweet. A kodak moment. Except that we didnt have a camera.

I got onto the bus and settled myself into the comfy seat and waited. The bus didn't depart for another 40 imnutes. I took out my book, and started reading. I got kinda tired and slotted the book in the little pocket like thing in front of me and just sat for awhile. A malay guy sitting behind me asks to see my book. It attracts him because it has the face of the ex prime minister on the cover.

He starts talking about politics and business, how the book i was reading was once banned and on and on. THe bus starts moving. I want to sleeep! He keeps talking for awhile about business, i came to a conclusion that this guy is pretty well read.
He talks about his wife and four little girls and how his car got broken into and on and on...I finally decide to ignore him and fall asleep.

6 hours later, I reach Penang.

I tried to call Va, an old college mate who recently found herself a job there. I found that my phone line had expired. There was still about twenty bucks worth of talk time but the expiry date had elapsed. This never happens to me as i usually use up all the talk time before the expiry date. Anyways I used the PUBLIC phone!...ikes...yuck...

So i call her up and she picks me up within 10 minutes. We have a bite to eat, then head back to her apartment. We shower and get ready for work. She starts at 0800hrs, and my thing was only at 1030hrs. I ask her where her work place was and whether she knew where the place I wanted to go was.

Coincidently the place i wanted to go to and her place of work were neighbors. She gave me a ride at 0800hrs. I waited for my appointment from 0800hrs until 1145hrs! Well at least they interviewed me for the WHOLE 5 minutes!

Anyways after that, I lugged my two overpacked bags outside into the burning sun, wishing that I drove my car. My friend assured me that the mall was just around the corner, so I could get there on foot. I said okay, searching hopelessly for a cab that was not there.

My next appointment, 1600hrs.

What am I supposed to do from 1200hrs to 1600hrs? I waited...I waited...

1400hrs I make a call. The next appointment is confirmed.
1500hrs I make another call. The apointment is confirmed again.
1600hrs, I wait.
1615hrs, I wait.
1630hrs I get suspicious.
1645hrs, I receive a call. "I'm not able to make it today.
1700hrs - Okay

Numbness. Not knowing how to feel. I was too tired to be angry. Running out of cash, in a place too far for comfort. I take a BUS. A "mini" bus! The automatic door that opens half the automatic doors opens half way! With two overstuffed, over heavy bags, splintering hot sun, and a packed mini bus, I make my way to the bus terminal.

I buy a ticket, and am on my way home.

6 hours later.

I reach KL. Take a train, go the wrong direction, turn back, change trains, finally reach my destination, call my mom and ask her to pick me up. She brings my car, I miss my car. I drive home, shower, watch three episodes of a show and go to sleep.

echez

No comments:

Post a Comment