Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ax And The Old Year

The old year....

Right before the year ended, LA and I, DI and her friend partied...we hung out so much, it's taken most of the new year so far to recover, can you imagine?heh.

In the process of course, we run into a species called MAN!

Men : Ax - I was standing outside a club on a wednesday night, there was a gig goin on that night so I brought my brother and his friend as tey wanted to go, got them in for free.

I was kinda bored, wanted to get outta there already, Ax and his friends decided to drop by the place. Ax and his friends are Australian BTW. So they wanna get in but they are inappropriatly dressed. Two of the guys try and bribe the bouncer while three others walk away. I was just standing there, waiting for my brother so I strolled to a table nearby and leaned against it as I was really really tired.

A few minutes later, this white guy leans on the table too, right next to me. After an akward second, he smiles at me. So I smile back, and then we started a conversation. I dont know how we started a conversation, but it just happened. While I talk to Ax...actually while he answers my one sentence questions with deep essay-like answers, I try to be attentive. ( I'm usually pretty good at this) but this time, I felt myself zoning out, I felt my smile turn fake, his face was starting to blur, and when I am about to really lose it...he says "so yeah, so what about you?". "Uhrrr, yeah....well...hehe...I dunno" smile more and say I dunno, then you wont have to answer questions.

Okay then! I'm taking over the conversation, questions with short answers. Where are you from? Australia. Oh... What do you do? I play games with people.Oh...so you're like a psychiatrist or a psycologist or whatever...urm not exactly, I'm a...

Okay well at least it's not too boring anymore...interesting guy, maybe La would like him, he's from Australia, perhaps he'll have something in common with her...oh well...if he asks for my number, then I'll give it to him, see what happens. I have a feeling he and La would get along. I dont think he's my type, but he might make a good friend.

=O Well whattaya know, he asks for my number! It's Wednesday, he's staying till Sunday, and not even in KL, but rather in Malacca or something. He'll probably call and say goodbye or something.

The Next Day...

"Hello"
"Hey, this is Ax, how's it goin mate?"( They always say this)
"Urmm, (does this mean how are you?) yeah I'm good, how are you?"
"I decided to activate this phone line so that I could call ya, so what's goin on?Wanna meet up tonight?"
"Oh okay, urm (cannot go out with him alone I'll bore to death) so okay, well my friend and I are going to be goin for dinner later on, wanna join?"

La, I met this guy yesterday, is it okay if he joins us?
Cool Okay...

So that is how the story goes...Sl, AnR, our friends from school were meeting up with La, me, and now Ax. It was a pretty fun night, though noone really talked to Ax during dinner because we were busy catching up with old school mates. After dinner though, we hung out at the club Ax and I met the night before. We went inside this time, drank, danced, and had a good time. Later, La and Ax talked, they had so much in common. I was yawnin the whole time coz I wasn't interested in what they were talking about.

Anyways, we say goodbye, and figure that we're never gonna see Ax again as he was due to leave in a few days and would be in another state for those few days.

A few days later...

"Hey this is Ax, how's it goin mate?"
"Hey! I thought you left?"
"Nope I decided to extend my stay so that we could hang out..."
Wow, people actually do that...
"Oh, cool"

So we went to a a bar somewhere in Sunway, had a few drinks, talked about his life, and bits and pieces of mine. He started telling me about how he strongly thought that I need to communicate with my dad, though true in a sense, it was weird, I felt a little invaded, like "what the heck do you know about me and my dad!". But I could tell that he was just trying to help.

There were alot of akward moments, which usually doesn't happen to me. I dont think he really noticed because he was deep in thought during those akward silences. So to him they were just thoughtful moments.

He was very gentleman-like, kept his hands where they should be, decent. Tried to put his arm around my shoulder once, then saw that I was kinda uncomfortable, gentlemanly asked me whether I felt uncomfortable, and I smiled shyly and said "maybe".

He removed his arm.

We drank a few more and I decided that I was tired. He asked me
"I would like you to spend the night with me. I mean not necessarily sex, just hang out."
"WHAT?!"
"Would you like to spend the night with me?"
" Did you think that this was what it was? Were you expecting me to just sleep with you?"
" No, I dont expect you to sleep with me, it would be nice if we could hang out the whole night or something, I would disappointed if it ended up with a hug and you saying that you had a good time. So..."
" ...Look, when we leave this place, I'm gonna give you a hug, and tell you that I had a good time because I did, and we'll meet tomorrow with La, Ok?" (La and Ax had planned to meet tomorrow, both invited me to join)
He is disappointed, swallows defete and gives me a hug. I tell him I had a good time.

I call La, and suggest that perhaps she hangs out with Ax while I am at work, perhaps they could go site-seeing together. They get along so well. So it's all set, they are meeting in the afternoon and hanging out, then later on I'll join them. La apparently went up into the guys hotel room! To leave her bags from shopping of course. That was a bad move. Very dangerous. In the end nothing happened, we met up at night, it was tremendousy, tremendously BORING! I can almost swear, that I have never met a person that I could so NOT get along with, it was just completely akward, the whole time.

In the end, La enjoyed herself, thought Ax was a cool guy. That was good. He left for Australia the next day. Called to say Merry Christmas a few days later.

This pissed La off as she said that men are only interested in physical attractiveness becuase Ax and I had NOTHING in common.

Perhaps, though I hated, and felt tremendously uncomfortable when I was with Ax, I didn't show that to him and perhaps he didn't notice that I was uninterested becuase I think it's rude to not be attentive when people are talking. And because of that Ax thought, in addition to physical acttractiveness, he felt the intellectual attraction as well, though I really had nothing to say to him, perhaps he needed someone to listen, and thus felt that we connected in some weird, twisted way. In other words he felt comfortable when he was with me. He didn't notice that I was bored, and totally un-interested. It's not like I sat there the whole night and said nothing, naturally I tried to start conversations and tried to look interested, and tried to make the night worth it's while with at least a little laughter. Perhaps it was that and not totally completely physical acttractiveness?

Anyways, he was weird, and didn't understand me at all. But he's a nice guy, weird and twisted in his own way.

1 comment:

  1. Don't call him twisted, that's my tag!

    I still hate him. I'm not gonna contact him. What a fucking arsehole.

    Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, I've been extremely busy since I got back to Melbourne, starting a new full-time job and looking for new housemates.

    ReplyDelete