Saturday, October 10, 2009

Shopping?

I went shopping, I was feeling like shite and I went shopping. And then I realized that I have been watching too many movies.

I have always had this messed up idea that shopping would cure it all.

And so I put on a dress, showed off my newly pedicured pink toe nails, in my overly expensive heels,  accessories, make up and a dab of lip gloss.

I was ready to max out my credit card if it would make me feel better...

Five hundred thirty bucks and ninety cents later. I decided to call it quits. Shopping does NOT make me feel any better about anything, in fact it makes me feel horrible. I do not take joy in shopping. It does not give me the immense pleasure that all the girls make it out to be.

And so I sat there, exhausted, and feeling worse than when I started. I started to think why? Why cant this simple thing - shopping make me feel better?

And so I blame it on my mom, as we do, that I was not trained to do so and therefore I don't know how. Sometimes I just cant see why I work so hard to go the the mall and pay for stuff that I don't really need nor want.

I do admit though that some of the stuff looks pretty, but for what purpose?

Anyways I am still trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment