Thursday, April 03, 2008

Unfair

I've been ambushing everyone I meet with questions and queries about working on site. I tell everyone how it's so unfair that I am not allowed to work on site just because I'm female. I'm not a hardcore feminist, but I cant understand why I'm not allowed to?! I'm bigger and fatter and stronger than most the guys I see going for the jobs. I have the same if not more education in the same field as they. The only difference I can see is that I'm female!

I talk to clients, senior personnel, engineers, technicians, even the general workers about my situation, everyone knows how passionate I am about getting my hands dirty. I want to do it! This is what I want to do! I'm that kind of person!

Anyways I think alot of people say that they support the direction that I am going, but when it comes to the real deal, it scares the shit outta them, they know that the chances for it to work out for me is really slim, so they say alot of things about how ya, they should let me go, and sure there are other girls etc. But when it comes down to taking the first step in putting me in the field, they hesitate.

I really think it's alot of bullshit and just downright unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment