Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Atlanta - Los Angeles - Las Vegas - Arizona

Once in the hotel room, I settled in, got the notebook working, went online. I cant remember exactly what happened chronologically in Atlanta the week that I was there, but I remember the first thing I had to do was Taco Bell. Taco Bell, is an Americanized version of mexican food. In other words just another fast food joint that many Americans try to advoid. Especially so because of the recent E.Coli outbreak that had affected, of all joints, Taco Bell.

To me, tacos, burritos, nacho's and fake cheese. A rare delicacy, that cannot be found in Malaysia. I'd say it's one of those simple and most satisfying things in life.

After having my dose to Taco Bell, which amazingly enough was walking distance away from the hotel, I decided that the temperature was great, and that I'd walk around the neighborhood.

There was Wal-Mart, in which I visited for a few hours, buying little American things for myself, and a few Americanized gifts for people at home. I also bought lots of microwavable popcorn, beef jerky, and slim jims, that Malaysia also doesnt have.

On Monday, work started, we had days and days of intensive training. Most of the things I had already gone through when I visited in May, so I was an expert. But even so, I broke a few things.

We, and when I say we, I mean the two guys from Australia who had come to visit Radiant US for the first time, who also had training with me. The training was more for their benefit, I was just sitting in.

So, we, went to Target, Circuit City, and all the electronic stores, in which they did they're shopping like women. This is understandable, men and their gadgets.

But when we went to JC Penny, or some department store, where they sell clothes, they again, shopped like women! Trying on clothes, again and again, and in the end buying nothing, we spent so much time there, it was pretty pathetic.

Anyways we ate at Ruby Tuesdays, the baby back ribs. It was okay.

I went to an NBA game!! That was one of the highlights of my trip. I had been to one before, but this time, it was great too! I went by the CNN center, the Olympic Cenntennial Park.
It was a good trip.


Then I was off to LA for Christmas. My uncle from Las Vegas was coming over to LA for a visit.
I got a Christmas present! LOL, I wasnt expecting one, but it was nice, to be with family, and kids, opening their presents.


I got an Ipod Nano!! WoooHooo, I'm a kid again...

Then was our trip Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps. We reached at 10pm, and I slept.
The next couple of days I hung out in my uncle's huge house, just 30 minutes outside the buzz of lights and entertainment. We painted his basketball court, played some ball. It was relaxing. I want a life like that.


We visited some of the hotels in LV, watched a magic show. All the good stuff.

A few days later, my adventure to Az on a greyhound. I think the trip was very interesting, and also relaxing, peaceful, one would say.

We stopped off in Flagstaff, a town that we drove past many a time when I was a kid. There was snow, but I was sweaty. Again the temperature was like an airconditioned room.

In Az, I chowed down on all my favorite junk food, went to family dinners, where I got to see my relatives all grown up. Got to eat American Chinese food...yucks! Went to church, visited my elementary school, something that I have wanted to do every since I left it a decade ago.

I think I had an overall pleasent trip. Next time I go, I want to go alone, I want to have mroe freedom, I want to roam around by myself, and explore. I want to visit the nooks and crannies that I use to hide out at when I was a kid.

I havent explored the real USA yet, or have I?

No comments:

Post a Comment