Sunday, May 14, 2006

Echez In America - Part I

Echez is in America! I got off the plane at LAX and there was immigration. It wasnt that bad except that I didnt feel well and the line was so so very long, just like the movies of people a hundred years ago immigrating to America with their worldly belongings held within that one duffel bag.

Anyways I went to the immigration counter and the man was so...how do you say...rude! He practically dropped a 5 pound stapler on the index finger that he needed my to place on the scanner thing.

Anyways he reprimanded me for not completing the form and said that he would send me back if he wanted to coz I didnt fill in the form. Heh, I am chinese I am not stupid. I speak better english than that guy.

Anyways he lets me go and I try to look for my bag, I find my bag upside down on the conveyer belt which had long been stopped. I picked up my bag and the lock was gone. I figured. Besides, whoever wants to steal my pink shirts and bras can do so if they wish, at any point in time, not just from my locked bag.

Anyways I took the bag, and went out to find my uncle. I couldnt find him so I changed 5 bucks of quarters, and tried his cell. It didnt work after I spent more than 3 of those dollars. I walked around and there he was. Whaddaya know.

I get to his house, I settle in and sleep, LA time 1am, Atlanta time 4am? I woke up at 5am LA time. Which was 8am Atlanta time, so I'm pretty much in wit the groove, no time lost.

Gtg going to the Getty Center, whatever that is, tell you bout it later.

echez in America

2 comments:

  1. OMG that guy is so friekin rude!!!

    Did they give you extra attention because you had a Malaysian passport? You know, because Malaysia is on the list of terrorist countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I'm in the immigration counter at the States, I'll speak broken English in an Asian accent and say that I'm a mail order bride. Then I'll throw them off by switching to an Aussie accent and speaking in proper English.
    Stupid fuckers. Some people think all Asians are from Asia and have problems speaking English.

    ReplyDelete