Friday, May 05, 2006

Being Positive Has Never Been So Negative

You never thought it would happen to you, you never thought it would happen to anyone you knew, you hear of it often but never...not to you, you're a decent person...not the people you hold close, because they are loved...this could never happen.

It opens your eyes and makes you realise that it's all around us, you and me. It could be me, it could be you, it could be the girl standing next to you.

I was freaked out. I didnt know what to do, I didnt know what to say. I could not have ever imagined. I dont know what to do I dont know what to feel.

As I mock and make fun, I cant but think of how I would be, of how things would be, if my little piece of paper read - POSITIVE...

HIV positive.

All I can do is fear for the people around her, that she could have affected, the people in my life. I dont know where to stand. I cant but imagine how it would be like had she been someone close, I cant but imagine that it still could be.

The first thing I want to know is whether the people in my life are okay. The people that mean the world to me. I want to know that they are okay.

There's nothing I can do for her now, I advise her to let go of everything and live life like you've never lived it before. Nothing means anything anymore, just happiness, personal happiness.

I wish I knew how to handle it, I wish there was something I could do. But I cant.

The maid is HIV Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment