Wednesday, August 30, 2006

MBA III

Just an update about how ma MBA is going. It's okay.

It started out really interesting, and great, and fun and all.

Now comes the hard part. Finance and Accounting. I took about half an accounting class when I was in Form 4, and then I quit. That's how much I love the subject!

I ran away from this, accounting, I ran away. That's one of the reasons that I took all the math in the world...so that I could run away from accounting. Alas, it's all coming back to me now.

Major accounting, major accounts management. Finance is pretty cool, more to what I like, but accounts management, and balance sheets and profit n loss accounts. Noooooooooo....leave me alone!!!

Anyways, the class is so tremendously BORING!!The guy has practically no sense of humor! He's like the second grade teacher we all hated, well the second grade teacher that I hated : Mrs. Miller the Killer.

Anyways most people in class are really busy with work, which makes me feel a little better that we're all on the same sinking ship. I have practically no time to do anything after work. But there are a few people who have a more relaxed lifestyle, who are able to cope with the pressures. I think that the main objective of taking the MBA, or studying in general is to teach us how to handle pressure, and how to think reasonably, and absorb information even in our most busy times.

I think the hard part's gonna be my dissertation. That's going to be the challenge of the decade.

*sigh*

The people in class are pretty nice, they're mostly people who have been working for a long long time. They know everything about everything business, and everything going on in Malaysia and in the world.

I dont think I can do that. They suddenly talk about the CEO of this huge company as if they had lunch with him the day before. They talk about how this business and that is running and how they do or dont agree, I'm like. Who? Oh, yeah I saw that in the papers...shit, I should have read that article.

Or hey! I read an article on that! I still have no idea what you are talking about. Plus I have no idea what's going on politically, and I have no passion to find out.

I dont know how the previous prime minister was and I dont know how the prime minister is now. Right now, I dont really care. It may be affecting me but I dont work directly with it, so I have no idea. What do ya want me ta do?

The people I work with are even more clueless...*sigh*...how la, how? The only opinion I have about the prime minister is hey! leave him alone, let him do what he wants, he has his own plan. If you're so great, you be the prime minister!

I know, I know, knowing about what is going on in the country helps you to understand, and predict what to venture into and what not to, and it also clues you in on the bigger picture of Malaysia, and that's what people should do because every industry is connected to every other industry, so it's advantageous to be knowledgable.

But still!

No comments:

Post a Comment