Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My All

People sacrifice everything they have all the time, it's no big deal. Why do people ask me why? Why can they not understand that money...things, mean nothing. If they are lost or used or given away...who cares. These things will come again, you can earn it back again. But memories , feelings, care, people, life...once they are gone, they're gone, it'll never be the same again.

I have faith that things will work out for me. Perhaps not now, perhaps not even in the near future, but soon. I have given out alot of what I have...my heart and soul, my money and future. But I believe that the things that I have done, I did them with a great intentions, and that's what counts, I guess...

It's not an easy thing to do, I can easily say. I am human, and everyone and everything around me is so materialistic. I try, sometimes I fail myself. I guess it's a test for me, perhaps a test I am putting myself through.

I could have so much more, I could be so much more, but it's okay, there is a right time for all of those selfish desires, for now, everything goes to other's selfish desires. One day they will understand, and if for some reason, they never realise. It's okay. I will walk away, with a smile, for I have given my all, and all you did was watch me in my pain and suffering, watched my frail attempts to smile for you, so that you may be happy.

I will walk away satisfied, knowing I gave you everything that I have, everything. And all I needed in return, was the time of day.

echez

1 comment:

  1. i went through a phase where i felt like i wasn't doing enough work that was satisfying. i was thinking, maybe i should take up a part time job...it'd help me pay back my student loan. but in the end i felt the need to give back. people don't realize how fortunate we are. i have a house, a car, a good family and great friends. we tend to take those things for granted. so i started volunteering with children who have mental disabilities in my spare time. and its been the most satisfying work i've ever done :)

    ReplyDelete