Monday, April 03, 2006

Irony 101

Phew! I finally posted my hundreth post. It took me a week to figure out what to write. And I ended up posting what I wrote at the beginning of the week. heh. Now that I got that over with. I realised that there are so many opportunities that we overlook everyday of our lives. We often dont realise what we have missed because we were not aware that it was within our reach.

I was chatting with a friend just now and she was telling me about how she finally told the guy she liked how she felt about him. Thing is, she chose to tell him after he had found happiness in another. All along she figured that he didnt like her, that he wasnt interested in her. After all hadn't she given him all the clues? All the possible signs that she really liked him? Calling him all the time, calling him in the middle of the night, always asking whether he was free to see her, going to see him for no particualr reason, she must have given him a billion and one hints.

So she tells him that she'd liked him all along, and that although she wants to see him happy, she figured that she would never be able to do herself justice if she just never told him. He replies that he felt the same way, and asked her why she didn't tell him before. He says that he only looked at it in a different way, that he like her and he shouldnt like her because his close friend likes her. ( his close friend likes her too, but she's not really into his friend)

She realises that things would have been so different had he known. She wouldnt have had so many sleepless nights thinking about him, thinking about why he doesnt call, or why he never seems to want to talk to her. She would never have had to sigh a sigh of sadness and disappointment, every time his name was mentioned.

But alas, there's nothing that she could do. If he had really felt the same way about her, nothing would have hindered a relationship. Or are people really that loyal. would people give up something that they really wanted for friendship?

Would people give up friendship for love?

I know I would. Because if I ever find love. The real kind. I've give anything to have it, to keep it, and to cherish it. I do believe in love.

I believe that more often than not, it's an illusion. Perhaps I'll be lucky and find he real stuff. In the mean time, it's more illusions for me!

echez

No comments:

Post a Comment