Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Orange Truck

Did I tell you that I was almost kidnapped by a strange man in an orange truck once?

I was roller skating (yes the one with the huge rubber thing on the front), and was about 8 or 9 and this man comes driving at the end of the driveway, and he says "little girl..." and I turned to see whether he was talking to me, and then he says "little girl...can you tell me what time it is?" and so I told him it was like 3 O'Clock or something, and then he says, "what? I cant really hear you, can you come closer?" I hesitate and think...oh no! I really shouldnt be talking to strangers!

Anyways, I go closer! Right up to his window, and he's got this really long, sort of bent thing in his hand, on his lap, and he's shaking it, it's sort of bouncing a little, like people who tap their heels on the floor, and their whole leg sort of moves up and down, anyways, it was that movement.

So, then he says, I saw you and your friends feeding the horses just now, and true enough, my gal friend, her younger brother and I take a shortcut after school through that little alley/passage way that goes past a wooden fence where the horses are, and we feed them and then climb the wall over to our little apartment/unit thingys.

He says, "Do you know what this is?" sort of eyeing this thing on his lap. and it was totally on his lap, almost reaching his knee. I shake my head and say "no". He said " Do you know what boy horses have and girl horses dont?" And I had no idea what he was talking about. So he continues " It's something that boy horses have and girl horses dont have, do you know what it is?" And then I got scared and skated away as fast as I could, strutted inside and locked the door.

=( Childhood Trauma...

No comments:

Post a Comment