Friday, November 17, 2006

More Thoughts On A Friday Mornin'

I wonder where I'm going sometimes, people tell me that I am a lucky girl, that will succeed in whichever path I choose to follow. People always tell other people that. It's not like you're gonna tell someone that they're horrible and they're gonna fail, right. Naturally people will want to tell other people, I mean their friends, that they're going to succeed. It's something that everyone likes hearing, and it makes me wanna think twice about it.

Is there actually something that I have, that other people dont have, that makes this person think that I especially, am going to succeed above all the billions of other people out there?

There isnt, there isnt anything drastically eccentric about me that makes me stand out from the crowd. So I have come to the conclusion that when people say that they think that I, especially am going to succeed, I'm not going to believe that they know what they're talking about.

Not to say that I dont know that should I try at anything, and should I have that ambition, I will not succeed, I know that I will, I also know that anyone who tries, who gives it a go, will also succeed, in whatever it is.

So in the end, it's not that I'm different and special, I'm just a normal person. That's what those superstars say, "I'm just an ordinary person, I work very hard to get where I am".

Is that true? Like some singers, they just get lucky and become really really famous, did they work harder than all the other singers? Did they have more hours? More days than you and I?

I guess some people are just a little lore lucky than others. Or perhaps, that's just God's plan.

2 comments:

  1. Most people who are successful are simply ordinary people who had self-belief and did the right things to lead to their desired path. Some people can work hard at something forever but not get anywhere because they are doing the wrong thing, or may become successful much later in their life after all the hard work has paid off.

    The common thread that I read in interviews with successful people was that most of them had a goal. Those that just got there being lucky or not even having a strong goal don't usually have lasting success. The goal will drive motivation, which will lead to success pretty much.

    The formula is simple, but it's too hard for most people to follow. Success is always hard work. Most people don't even know what they want to do in their life, so how can they have a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The last comment you left on my "unsettled life" blog was the best comment you've written. Thanks! I just have to keep repeating to my self "it's not worse, just different". I suffer badly from envy and am always comparing myself to others. But how am I to know how people are really feeling anyway. I should really stop comparing and just accept that my way of life is different, not better or worse, just different.

    ReplyDelete